dinsdag 10 augustus 2010

Ballet!

One of things I admire the most in Russia is it's culture, in specific, the beautiful theatres, opera's and ballets. So visiting a ballet or an opera was definitely on my to-do list. In summer there are no shows in the famous Mariinsky theatre, but luckily the Mikhailovsky theatre presented the Swan Lake.
Mikhailovsky theatre
Yoleen, Luba, Nicole and me went to see the show on Thursday 5 August. When you enter the theatre, you go through detection portals. As I always carry a large bag, because who knows what you might encounter, of course, the alarm went of. If I had any metal stuff with me. After having seen my telephone and keys, the guard asked me something in Russian I didn't understand. Luba, Yoleens Russian friend translated it for me and so asked me if I carried a gun. Taken by complete surprise and driven by sarcasm in a reflex I answered I carried ten. In hindsight I'd say that was not the most smart remark, but it actually made the guard smile. He obvioulsy understood I was a tourist from a non-gun-carrying country. The lounge of the theatre looked nice, more elegant than in Dutch theatres, but while entering the actual hall I couldn't suppress a pleasently surprised "aaah" which made my neighbour smile and me explain that I had never been to a Russian theatre before. Nicole and I sat on the fourth balcony, so very high. Down we could see the orchestra. The theatre was beautifully ornamented with the use of a lot of gold.
Theatre interior
 The ballet, performed by Leonid Jacobson State academic ballet theatrefrom Saint Petersburg, was absolutely amazing. AT first, I must say, dancing didn't seem to by synchronised, but later on that improved. The soloists danced very very beautifully. The decor and the costumes of the performers, ranging from the leading part to the smallest part, were all lovely and fitted so well within the theatre, making it one big spectacle.
Going to the theatre in Russia was a whole new experience and definitely one that I would like to recommend!



Yoleen, Luba, me and Nicole in front of Mikhailovsky theatre 

2 opmerkingen:

  1. Ha Aafke,

    Iedere keer als ik je bloq lees valt mijn mond open van verbazing. Zo veel moois en prachtigs zie je daar en wat kan je er mooi over vertellen!
    Geniet er nog ff lekker van en terug in Holland moeten we maar ff wat afspreken hoor, kun je alles nog ff mooi navertellen!
    Veel fun nog, dikke kus Heidi

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen
  2. Hahaha, dan kunnen we wel een paar uur uittrekken ;-) Dank je wel voor al je lieve en trouwe reacties. Het is hier echt geweldig, kan het je zeker aanbevelen. Als ik terug ben, spreken we een keer af. Veel liefs xxx!

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen